I bake to my little heart’s content, I buy every gosh dang pumpkin spice candle within eyesight and I dress baby girl in the most adorable fall outfits of all time.
Fall is the greatest.You know what else is the greatest?
I made them for Mr. T to take to work with him a couple of weeks ago and he said that the office raved. In fact, a self-proclaimed pumpkin cookie expert declared them the “Best pumpkin cookies he had ever eaten,” and he had apparently tried many different ones.
His words. Not mine.
But if you trust me more than this pumpkin cookie connoisseur, then I will also assure you that they are the best pumpkin cookies I have ever eaten.
- 6 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups butter
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups brown sugar
- 3 cups canned pumpkin (29 oz. can)
- 3 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 package chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter on high for 30 seconds. Add brown sugar and beat until fluffy. Add eggs, pumpkin and vanilla and beat until incorporated. Add dry ingredients; beating until well combined. Drop onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.