Here’s another recipe coming at you from the one and only Valerie Evans.
Well, technically I guess there are like, a lot of Valerie Evans(es?) but this one is my Valerie Evans.
I googled her name. Yeah. There’s lots of you out there named Valerie Evans. Hey, y’all!
Then I got curious and googled my name …. and Taylor Swift popped up.
I was like,
Anyway… let’s talk cookies!
These cookies make me kind of happy.
Because they are yellow and easy and fast and delicious and yellow.
Also, they’re yellow.
So, these start out with a boxed lemon cake mix (look away, purists!) which is what makes them so ridiculously easy, and I’m ALL ABOUT IT.
Because when you’ve got a tiny Godzilla destroying your house, fast and easy are the only ways to go.
I guess Godzilla is kind of a crappy way of describing Baby Girlfriend, because she is like, freakishly quiet. We actually call her Ninja Baby because she can be in and out of a room before you even realize it, but leaves a path of destruction in her wake.
It’s actually really impressive. So impressive that I can’t really even be mad about it. Also, she’s the cutest baby in the entire world, so she’s got that goin’ for her.
RIGHT. Cookies. Here!
They’re so yellow! I love them.
I also love the pecan pieces in them. They are so unexpected and make these cookies exceptional. Add that little drizzle of bright citrusy glaze and these cookies are quickly going to make it into your summer-time dessert rotation.
There’s just something so light and fresh about citrusy desserts that makes them perfect for these warm months ahead.
AH! I love summer. Fresh fruit, fresh veggies, grilling, salads, watermelon.
Somebody bring me a watermelon cookie. Stat.
- 1 package lemon cake mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl and mix together until combined. Drop onto un-greased cookie sheet with a 2 tablespoon cookie scoop and bake for 12-13 minutes. Let rest on the cookie sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
- While the cookies are baking, mix together the powdered sugar, lemon zest and juice until you get a runny glaze. Pour them over the cookies on the cooling rack while they are cooling down. Serve immediately.
- Keep leftovers in an airtight container for several days.
Please tell me that’s a thing.
Like what you see? How about these apples…. or lemons, or cookies or whatever?