Famous Julie tends a mean garden.
I don’t know how she does it but pretty much anything she touches grows like a weed. She would argue that especially the weeds grow like weeds, but that just proves my point.
One of my favorite things to eat fresh out of her garden are her strawberries. Let’s just say if for some unknown reason her strawberries were the only thing I was allowed to eat for the rest of my life, I would totally be okay with that.
She also grows her own spinach, so one of my favorite things to have for lunch during the summers growing up was a strawberry spinach salad fresh from the garden. I would just walk out my back door, cut myself some spinach, pick a few strawberries, eat all the strawberries accidentally before I got to the house, turn back around, pick a few more, and whip myself up a beautiful summery salad.
- 1 bunch spinach, washed (torn if too big)
- Strawberries, sliced
- Almond Accents
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 strawberries
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- Combine salad ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients except poppy seeds in a blender and blend until smooth. When done, add poppy seeds.
- Can toss salad with dressing OR serve separately.
- *If you toss the salad with the dressing, be sure to eat all of it that same day (like that will be hard, this stuff is GOOOOD) as this doesn't save very well with the dressing poured over it.
And when I say automatically, I just hope my mom comes and plants everything for me because at least then I know it will succeed.