Check out the new digs!
I’m still trying to get used to it, myself. And I’m sure there will be a few wrinkles to iron out here and there but I am SO happy with how it’s turned out.
I’d love to know what you guys think, as well! Feel free to email, facebook, instagram or whatever else me and let me know how you like it!
So far, so good!
On to the good part: the food.
For my first recipe post of the big blog revamp I decided to go with these awesome Steak Nachos.
This is a super quick meal that comes together in 30 minutes or less and your kids are going to LOOOOVE it. You could either make a HUGE plate and slap it right down in the middle of the dinner table and let everyone dig in family style, OR you could let everyone take their own little plate and put on their own toppings.
Either way sounds crazy. And fun.
Would we have it any other way, though?
Life would be boring without these little munchkins running around destroying our homes and sometimes our lives.
JK. They don’t ruin our lives. Except for when they <a href=”playzwithfood.com/home/philly-cheesesteaks/”>pull our pants down in front of unsuspecting people</a>. Part of my soul died that day, I think.
Baby Girl is so cute she made up for it pretty quickly.
She is a little wrecking ball, though. Cleaning my house when she is awake is like trying to brush my teeth while eating Oreos. A futile endeavor. Yet we as mothers never give up the good fight.
Well, when I say never I mean occasionally.
And when I say occasionally I mean all the time.
- Tortilla Chips
- Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Steak, seasoned and grilled to your liking
- Olives, sliced
- 1 can Southwestern Style Chili Beans
- Jalapeno Peppers, sliced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Avocado, sliced
- Sour Cream
- Cilantro Lime Dressing
- There are no ingredient amounts here because you can make as big of a pile of nachos as you like, or as little.
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Start by cooking steak on the grill or on the stove top. Season generously with Montreal Steak Seasoning and cook to your liking.
- While the steak is cooking, arrange tortilla chips on an oven safe dish in an even layer. At this point I added olives, chili beans and jalapeno peppers and dumped cheese all over the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes until all the cheese is melted and the toppings are warm.
- Take out out of the oven and top with cooked steak, tomatoes, avocado, sour cream and even some Cilantro Lime Dressing. Serve immediately.
- You are more than welcome to add toppings or take away toppings that you don't like from the list I have here. That's the fun part about nachos!
Dig in, friends!