And when I say might be… I mean it definitely is.
In fact, I am craving it as I write this and the chances that I will still be craving it while you are reading are embarrassingly high.
It has recently become my life’s mission to find and make new delicious salads, and oh boy did I hit the jack-pot with this beauty.
This vinaigrette is so good and versatile, I’ll be finding other salads to use it on ASAP. Stay tuned, friends.
Oh and these spiced almonds are good enough to be sprinkled over dessert. Which I already did here… and it was awesome.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons dried mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh sweet onion, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 12 ounces baby spinach and field greens mix
- 1 small bunch cilantro, leaves removed from stems
- 2 medium avocados, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 1/2 cups Spiced Almonds
- Combine all ingredients in a pint sized glass jar and shake well to dissolve sugar. Cover and refrigerate for up to a couple of weeks.
- Prepare your spiced almonds according to the recipe, and set aside. Place greens and cilantro leaves in a large bowl. Add avocado, dried cranberries and spiced almonds and toss. Sprinkle lightly with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
I have a borderline obsession with seafood.
… Okay, maybe it’s not so borderline.
You got me.