Looking for a Valentine’s Treat that isn’t going to totally weigh you down? This is a stunning and delicious dessert that is light and super fresh.
I absolutely LOOOVE fresh berries with my dessert, so obviously I am a big fan of this cream.
My favorite part is that the cream isn’t too overly sweet, it let’s the sweetness of the berries have their time in the limelight.
Yet it offers the most cool, silky, creamy back drop for the sweet berries. AH! It’s just so good. You’re going to love it.
It’s also stunning. A super important part of any Valentine dessert. When you make it you can spoon it into pretty individual cups before putting it in the refrigerator to set.
We have absolutely no plans that I know of for Valentine’s Day.
But if all we do is have this cream for dessert it will be a huge success.
When we were first married I had much higher expectations for things like Valentines’ Day, anniversaries and birthdays.
Now I’ve just gotten to the point that if he even remembers then we go ahead and call that a win.
Mr. T isn’t exactly what you would call, “super romantic”.
But, he doesn’t ask me what I’ve been doing all day when he comes home from a long day of work and I’m sitting on the couch in my pajamas surrounded by piles of laundry and toys and dishes.
Sometimes he just walks to the freezer and hands me some ice cream.
I’ll take that over romance any day. He’s a keeper, fo sho.
- 2 3/4 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon unflavored gelatin
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups fresh berries (or however much you want!)
- Sprig of mint, for garnish
- In a medium sized sauce pan, mix together cream, sugar and gelatin. Heat gently over low heat until the gelatin is dissolved. Remove from heat and cool.
- Fold in the sour cream and add vanilla. Pour into goblets and chill in the refrigerator until set, at least one hour. Top with your favorite fresh fruit.
- I like to make this the day before, and let it chill overnight, then top with fresh fruit and mint right before you serve it. That way you can spend more time with your Valentine!
Happy Valentine’s Day, peeps!