Alright, you guys are going to love me.
But your butt is totally going to hate me.
Your butt is bigger than your heart, so that makes me feel a little bit bad, but not really at the same time because this recipe is AWESOME.
And it is WAYYYY too easy for how good it is.
P.S. If your heart is bigger than your butt , you should probably go get that checked out by a doctor.
I think I’m safe though, because my butt is AT LEAST ten times bigger than my heart.
I don’t mean to brag or anything, but ya know…
I’ve been told it’s my best asset**…
I should probably delete that joke in case somebody out there doesn’t realize I’m being completely facetious, but I’ll just go ahead and put an asterisk next to it, and leave it alone.
I wish there was a sarcasm font.
**Disclaimer: This is a terrible TERRIBLE joke. Like, could probably be put into the same category as every corny Dad joke that’s ever been told.
Let’s chat about these jam bars.
You could totally use any flavor of jam that you like, but I opted to use my homemade Raspberry Freezer Jam and it is unreal. (AND SOOOOOO EASY!)
But if you have some store-bought strawberry jam or something like that, these are still going to be awesome.
Plus you can’t really go wrong with two whole sticks of butter.
You have to watch the video how I make these though because I have a kitchen secret in there that will change your life:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cold, salted butter
- 12 oz. raspberry jam
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder and salt to a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk together until combined and grate 2 sticks (1 cup) of cold butter into the same bowl. Using your hands mix the cold butter with the flour mixture pinching it in-between your fingers until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Sprinkle half the mixture into a 9x13 sprayed with non-stick coking spray. Gently pat into the bottom of the pan and pour raspberry jam over top. Sprinkle remaining half of flour mixture over top of raspberry jam and bake in pre-heated oven for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
- Let cool completely before slicing into squares and serving.
- This would be super awesome with vanilla ice cream on top!
DID YOU SEE IT?! IT’S AMAZING! Seriously, guys. HUUUGE time-saver.