Remember that one time that I baked this cheesecake and it was magical and glorious and delicious and the topping alone was good enough to stand on it’s own?
Because I remember that.
So… that’s what I did. And DUDE.
It did not disappoint.
You only need to use your oven for like ten minutes. Shouldn’t heat up the house too badly.
Because it’s hotter than you know where outside.
Or Hell. Both apply here.
If you love caramel and pecans, you will LOVE these. Because that’s basically all they are. They would be amazing with some chocolate drizzled over the top. OH YEAH. Like a turtlefied piece of freaking heaven.
You toast the pecans a little bit in your oven for like ten minutes or so and get ’em all crisp and fragrant before folding them into your caramel that’s cooling on the stovetop. These come together fairly quickly, and I don’t know about your kids, but my kids weren’t super interested in these. Luckily for me, because
COME TO MAMA.
Ya know what I mean?
I have to share everything with my kids. My breakfast, lunch, dinner, most desserts, sometimes my bed, my clothing (why?!), my privacy… they even shared my body for 9 months. Not to get too nit-picky or anything but they may have even taken some of my bone mass. Yeah. They definitely did that. Do they have any idea how much pizza I had to eat to get enough calcium for healthy bones?
Oh, and not to mention my sanity. That’s kind of important.
Why couldn’t they steal my love handles?
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Spread pecan halves on a cookie sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes until toasted and slightly fragrant.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the butter and brown sugar and cook over medium/high heat, stirring until smooth. Stir in the heavy cream, salt and vanilla and bring to a boil. Simmer until thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove from heat to allow caramel to begin cooling.
- Stir toasted pecans into cooling caramel until all the pecans have been coated in the mixture and allow everything to cool down together.
- Drop by the spoonful onto wax paper and put in the fridge to harden.
- Don't share with your kids. 😉
But, I would probably love them more if they stole love handles, too.
You like what you see? Check these recipes out!