I’m back from vacation, guys! And I’m back on a pretty good day.
Ya’ll know what it is… (DA DA DA nah nah nah nah nah nah nah HEY!) Jock Jams? No? K….
IT’S PI DAY!!! 3/14… get it? It’s the dumbest excuse for pie ever, but not at the same time because any excuse for pie is good in my book.
Okay, so first thing on the docket today, you have to listen to my sob story, and then rejoice with me when I overcame all odds to bring this recipe to you.
Sob story: MY OVEN BROKE!
It broke over two weeks ago, and it’s still broken, so I’ve had to get pretty creative. I knew Pi Day was coming, and I could not disappoint all of my readers … eh hehm… reader (Hi mom!).
ANYWAY, you know how when you hurt your pinky finger, it’s the first time you realize how vital your pinky finger is to your life?
Well, this was kind of like that, except I understood in the first place how vital my oven was to my life. So it’s not really like that at all, I guess.
I knew I had to bring you guys a killer pie to celebrate the most beloved of all holidays. But how to bring you a pie with no oven? The odds seemed insurmountable.
Then I remembered… the glorious, delicious NO BAKE PIE.
You truly know this takes absolutely ZERO baking because my oven is totally kaput. I hate it when people call things no bake but you still have to bake certain parts of it… but just because the main part is no bake they call it no bake. Are you picking up what I’m putting down here?
The only hard part about making this pie is waiting for it to get all set up in the freezer. You can make that part easier by binge watching netflix, reading a book or pinning all the recipes on my website… Just to name a few…
This pie is seriously dang easy and DANG good. A definite crowd pleaser! And HELLO! Who doesn’t love Oreos? Everyone loves Oreos. Even that super crazy guy you met one time at that party that only eats organic vegan tofu stuff. HE secretly even loves Oreos. (What kind of parties are you going to? Ya weirdo…)
- 2 cups Oreo cookie crumbs (about 1/2 container of crushed Oreos)
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup salted caramel flavored ice cream topping
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, softened
- In a medium bowl, combine Oreo crumbs, pecans, sugar and melted butter. Press crumb mixture in to the bottom of a 9x13 pan, reserving 1 cup of the mixture to sprinkle over top. Spread ice cream topping over crumbs and top with softened ice cream. Sprinkle with reserved crumbs, pressing lightly. Freeze for 4 hours or until firm.
- I obviously didn't make this in a 9x13 pan, but in a regular pie dish. I made the normal amount of crumb mixture, pressing about half into the bottom of the pan and reserving the other half to pile on top. I used about 24 oz. of ice cream, but you are welcome to use however much or little you want!
Dang it! First rule of thumb about blogging: Don’t call your readers weirdos.