I actually don’t know if brownies are America’s favorite boxed dessert, and I don’t even know for a fact that Oreos are actually America’s favorite cookie. I’m pretty sure they just say that to make you jump on some delicious cookie bandwagon.
That’s one bandwagon I’d be happy to hop on.
My husband has been trying to get me to get on board with his San Francisco 49er’s… but this train is staying in the Dallas Cowboys station. Maybe if I pray really hard they’ll be good again someday. REALLY HARD.
The original creator of these beautiful brownies are the owners of the blog Sugar and Snapshots.
I tip my hat to you my friends. These are wonderful, and completely homemade except for the Oreos of course.
- 11 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 7 oz. semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 16 Oreo cookies, broken into pieces
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper with the paper overlapping the sides.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Remove from heat and add the chopped chocolate, stir until smooth and well combined.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer add the eggs and whip until they triple in volume. Slowly add the brown sugar around the outer edge of the eggs in the bowl (so you don’t knock the air out of the mix) and whisk for a few minutes until the mix is smooth. Whisk the melted chocolate into the eggs quickly to incorporate it. Add the dry ingredients and 1/3 of the Oreo cookies around the edge of the bowl and fold in until combined, taking care not to knock the air out. Pour the mix into the paper-lined baking pan.
- Scatter the remaining chunks of Oreo cookies over the top of the mixture, pressing some into the batter. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the middle is only slightly gooey. Set the pan on a wire rack to cool completely. When cooled, lift the baking paper and brownies out of the pan and set on a cutting board. Cut into 2X2-inch squares.
Because Oreos are pretty much my new favorite ingredient.