This linguini will blow your mind.
But if you aren’t a big fan of shrimp don’t leave just yet!
I had a great friend in high school who LOVED this stuff…. and hates shrimp. In our high school yearbook, all the senior athletes were interviewed and one of the questions asked was, “What is your favorite food?” to which her response was, “Momma Steed’s Shrimp Linguini without the shrimp.”
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 cup half & half
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 7-8 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 lb. shrimp
- In a large pot, boil water. Add linguini and cook until al dente.
- In a separate pan, melt butter until sizzling; add onion, pepper, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat about five minutes. In a medium sized bowl stir cream, half & half and flour until smooth. Stir into onion mixture. Cook just until boiling. Add tomatoes, basil and cooked shrimp. Remove from heat.
- * If using raw shrimp, add after mixture thickens and before tomatoes and basil.
I am partial to the seafood because, well… I am obsessed with seafood. But I know there are a lot of people out there that want to run and hide at the very though of coming into contact with such a thing. So, just so ya’ll know, chicken is delicious in this meal as well!
Just promise me one thing.
If you do decide to omit the shrimp, do not just title it “Momma Steed’s Linguini” on your recipe card.
Your recipe card MUST read, “Momma Steed’s Shrimp Linguini without the shrimp.”
It’s a rule.