http://svenskaneolith.se/produkt/radius-550-x/?add-to-cart=3823 By the looks of how many banana recipes I have on this dang site, one would think that I have an obsession with bananas.
https://peetz-architektur.de/3909-dtde96730-treffen-sich-3-frauen.html On the contrary, my friends.
http://wah-construction.com/discussion/popup-pomo.php My children THINK they have an obsession with bananas. They see that bright shiny yellow banana stand in the grocery store and just beg and beg for bananas.
Mateur Then we take said bananas home and they sit, untouched, on the counter for days until they ripen enough for me to mash them and mix them with eggs and sugar and bake them into something that is actually good.
Okay, so that was a little bit harsh.
Bananas aren’t THAT bad. Like, if I were starving to death I would probably eat one.
Okay, but seriously I really do love all the little bits of banana fibers that turn black when they are baked. It’s so homey and lovely.
I won’t go into all the super nerdy food science that I researched to figure out why the heck that happens but … I love it.
- 4 medium ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and prepare two muffin tins by spraying them with non-stick cooking spray.
- Mix wet ingredients (mashed bananas, sugar, brown sugar, melted butter, milk and egg) together in a medium sized mixing bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, espresso powder, baking soda and kosher salt) and mix to combine. Add banana mixture to flour mixture and mix just until everything is combined. Add chocolate chips and and mix until they are mixed throughout.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tins until each cup is 2/3 full. Bake for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let cool in muffin tin if you can wait that long. Store any extras in an airtight container.
You like what you see? Check these out: