Today is a special day!
Today is my father-in-law’s birthday.
He would have been 55 today, and banana cream pie was one of his favorite desserts. So, I whipped this baby up and we enjoyed it in his honor.
It’s fluffy, it’s creamy, its banana-y. It’s perfect.
Mile High Banana Cream Pie
This pie couldn't be easer to make and stands super tall too! Sure to impress any banana cream pie lover!
Write a review
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 (3.5 oz.) instant banana pudding packet
- 1 (3.5 oz.) instant vanilla pudding packet
- 3/4-1 cup milk
- 2 large bananas
- 1 pie shell, baked
- 1 (8 oz.) Cool whip
- Your favorite nuts, chopped (optional)
- Beat cream until it starts to thicken. Add both puddings, and then enough milk until you reach the desired consistency. Spread a thin layer of pudding mixture in the bottom of your baked pie shell. Layer half of your bananas, then half of your pudding mixture, then the last half of your bananas, then the remaining half of pudding mixture. Top with cool whip before serving. Sprinkle with chopped nuts if desired.
My Mom Taught Me To Play With my food http://playzwithfood.com/