This is totally a crock pot recipe.
So you can go do whatever people do on Cinco de Mayo, and then come home to this awesomely cheesy dinner with layers upon layers of deliciousness.
What do you do on Cinco de Mayo? I feel like I’m missing out on something awesome. All I do is make Mexican food. Then eat it.
Actually that’s a pretty average but totally awesome holiday for me.
OH! Maybe I should get a piñata.
You know what though? A toddler hopped up on sugar with a bat in hand doesn’t sound like something I’d be super interested in. I mean, maybe! But probably not.
Listen, I’ve seen the damage she can do to my home without a bat. The thought of stuffing her full of sugar and handing her a tool used specifically for destruction is the stuff of nightmares.
My house would look like a scene at the end of an Avengers movie. Dead bodies everywhere and everything. *shudder*
- 2 tablespoons tapioca
- 1 can Rotelle tomatoes w/ chilies
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 8-12 corn tortillas, broken
- In a large bowl mix tapioca, Rotelle, soup and chicken. Divide mixture into thirds.
- Break up corn tortillas into large chunks and place them in the bottom of your crockpot. Then layer one third of the chicken mixture, onions and cheese.
- Repeat these steps two more times. Cook on low for three hours.
The perfect way to celebrate.