The recipe comes from my awesome sister-in-law Melissa.
The first time I met Melissa I remember thinking that she was seriously one of the coolest moms I’d ever met, and the longer I have known her the more she has only confirmed that suspicion. She is always planning something fun or doing something fun with her kids. I have always really looked up to her for that, and maybe someday I’ll be as cool as her.
Another thing I love about Melissa is that she is an awesome cook. She has so many great recipes, but because Mr. T is especially fond of this one, I thought I’d start with it.
This salsa is so easy to whip together and has awesome flavor. The only problem is Mr. T and I can’t agree on the consistency of salsa, because you see…
Mr. T doesn’t like tomatoes.
BUT he loves salsa… which I’ve tried to show him is like 99% tomatoes, but he doesn’t care. He just likes what he likes I guess, and what he likes is super emulsified salsa to ensure he gets no chunks of tomato.
I on the other hand love to chew my salsa instead of drink it.
Luckily for us, this recipe comes together so quickly and easily that it takes no time at all to give us each what we want!
- 1/2 gallon diced canned tomatoes
- 1 medium white onion
- 1/2 to 3/4 bunch of cilantro
- 1 jar sliced jalapenos (don’t use the whole jar – these determine the hotness of the salsa, so add them to taste.)
- 1 –2 cloves garlic to equal 1 tablespoon
- salt to taste
- Chop the onion, cilantro, jalapenos, and garlic. Put everything together in a blender or food processor and pulse to desires thickness. If you like it chunky, only blend half of it.
- *This recipe makes A LOT of salsa, so it can easily be halved or cut into fourths even for small gatherings or smaller families.