linked here Don’t jerk me around like that, Spring. I thought we had an understanding. Stop toying with my emotions.
more info here I can pretend to be upset, but we all know how temperamental Utah weather can be.
http://maplebanon.org/175-ph53279-chloroquine-zonder-recept.html It’s the tired, hungry two year old of the seasons. You never know when the next melt-down is going to happen, but you just KNOW that crap is about to hit the fan.
click for source So, if we can’t have spring outside, let’s bring it inside.
These lemons cookies are FRESH.
Seriously. So good.
I don’t know why, but every spring I crave citrus like crazy. If I’m not mistaken it’s a fairly common occurrence. Or I’m just a giant weirdo. Which wouldn’t be surprising in the least.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest and lemon juice. Keep scraping down the sides and mixing. Stir in salt, baking powder, baking soda and flour until just combined.
- Pour powdered sugar into a shallow dish. Roll a heaping teaspoon of cookie dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar to coat. Place on baking sheet and continue to roll out the remaining dough.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until the bottoms of the cookies barely start to turn brown. Remove from the oven and let cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire crack to continue cooling.
Oh and I forgot to wish you happy Easter and stuff.
Maybe someday I’ll get my crap together and post holiday appropriate recipes.