I really don’t know what to say about this pie.
Lime is one of my all time favorite ingredients. It is just SO fresh and light. Even just the smell of it gets me every time. Seriously. Lime just gets me.
Then you top it with freshly whipped cream and I want to marry this dessert.
Remember in elementary school when you would say that you loved something and someone from the peanut gallery would pipe up and say, “If you love it so much, why don’t you marry it?” If I could, I would marry this dang pie!
This is the best key lime pie recipe out there and is so darn easy to whip together. Oh, and did I mention it only has a few ingredients?
You could seriously take 10 minutes of your day and whip this baby out and serve it up for St. Patrick’s Day dessert tonight. Your husband will think you are an Irish goddess sent straight from the heavens.
- 1 package graham crackers
- ⅓ cup butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- *½ cup Nellie & Joe’s Key West Lime Juice
- 1 cup whipping cream
- powdered sugar, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Crush graham crackers and combine with other crust ingredients. Press into a 9 inch pie dish. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Combine condensed milk, egg yolks and juice. Blend until smooth. Pour filling into crust and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes before refrigerating.
- While pie is baking, whip whipping cream and sugar together until stiff peaks form to make your whipped cream. Garnish with whipped cream right before serving.
- * Nellie and Joe's Key West Lime Juice can be found in almost any grocery store right next to the regular lime and lemon juice.