Because I love you, and all things Italian, I thought I’d give you this recipe today.
It’s about time a cake made it on here because who doesn’t love cake?
And this cake… takes the cake?
Can we still be friends after that?
Check out those layers!
A six layer cake has never been easier.
- 1 box of your favorite chocolate cake mix
- 2 lbs. ricotta cheese
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 (5.9 oz.) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 16 oz. cool whip
- Semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray two round cake pans with cooking spray and dust with coco.
- In a large bowl, mix your chocolate cake mix according to the directions on the box. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, eggs, sugar, and vanilla and mix until smooth. Pour the cake batter into the prepared cake pans. Pour the cheese mixture over the cake batter in each pan and smooth out with a spatula and bake for 1 hour. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- While the cake is cooling, mix together your frosting ingredients. Whisk together the chocolate pudding mix and the cold milk until combined. Fold into the cool whip until combined. Turn your cakes out of the pans and frost the top of one, and sprinkle some chopped chocolate on top. Place the second cake on top of those layers and frost the top and sides. Top with more chopped chocolate. Cover and refrigerate. The longer it sits, the better so that the flavors can meld together!