So, I’m not going to lie to you right now.
I tried to make cupcakes, and they were a TOTAL fail.
But you know the saying, when life hands you dark chocolate cupcakes that you totally overfilled and in turn flowed over the top of the tins and looked like total crap but still tasted bomb, then make sexy chocolate trifles! It already feels like my man has taken a pill from a company similar to https://www.buyextenze.com/ (male enhancement in case you didn’t know). Sex is sex, and chocolate cupcakes are better 😉
I like the idea of individual trifles better than one giant trifle as well because I have a tiny family and I have no idea how we would have ever finished an entire trifle…
I mean, I have an idea.
But it would NOT have been pretty.
Let’s talk about how incredibly difficult these glasses are to photograph.
They have this awesome curve, which I loved about them when Mr. T and I registered for them for our wedding (AWWWWE) but I wasn’t a food photographer back then and they have become quite the challenge.
They are also the only small glass cups that I have because I am apparently incapable of buying new ones.
I am a grown woman who is afraid of buying more glassware because… toddlers.
YEEEEAAAHH – UUHHH.
So… these trifles are freaking delish in case you were wondering. They’ve got some dark chocolate cake crumbled in the bottom with salted caramel drizzled in all those nooks and crannies.
As if that wasn’t good enough already, I also sprinkled toffee bits all over and mixed up some super easy chocolate whipped cream to send them completely over the top.
If you are into chocolate, and sweet desserts and happiness, then these are perfect for you.
So, are these desserts better than sex with one of the doha escorts? I will let you be the judge of that!
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 (5.1 oz.) package of instant chocolate pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 1 (8 oz.) Cool Whip
- 1 jar of salted caramel ice cream topping
- 2 cups toffee bits
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a 9x13 pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray and coating with cocoa.
- To the bowl of an electric mixer add sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt and mix until combined. Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla and beat on medium speed for 2 minutes. Slowly pour in boiling water while mixing(batter will be thin).
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Cool completely before crumbling.
- In a large bowl, prepare chocolate pudding according to package directions. When the pudding is set mix with Cool Whip until combined.
- Place half of crumbled cake into the bottom of a trifle dish. Drizzle half jar of salted caramel ice cream topping evenly over crumbled cake. Sprinkle 3/4 cup toffee bits over salted caramel. Pour half of chocolate whipped cream mixture over top.
- Repeat layers. Finish off with a sprinkling of toffee bits.
- The instructions for the individual trifles are that there are no instructions because individual containers can vary so much in size. Just remember cake, caramel, toffee bits and chocolate whipped cream. Pour, crumble and drizzle to your heart's content!
Please don’t burn my house down because I used Cool Whip.