You know what’s even better? Homemade candy.
My sister-in-law made these bars one night, and I was 95% positive that she sprinkled crack throughout them because they were ADDICTING.
Turns out it was just powdered sugar. Which is pretty much the same thing.
Usually I can resist making a dessert depending on where it falls on the addictive/pain in the butt scale. Unfortunately for my waistline, these fall perfectly under BOTH the easy as sin AND insanely addictive categories.
These are ridiculous in the best way. Like, think of the best Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup you’ve ever had in your life. I’m guessing it was probably of the Easter variety in the shape of an egg. Am I right? Of course I’m right, because those are the best kind of peanut butter cup!
Anyway, think of how amazing that was and times that by, like, one thousand, and you would almost come close to how delicious these are. And guess what. You can make these in like 5 minutes plus cooling time.
I don’t really know if that’s a good or a bad thing.
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Mix together the first four ingredients and press into an 8x8 pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in the microwave in 30 second increments until completely melted and can be stirred smooth. Pour over peanut butter mixture and cover.
- Cool for at least 2 hours or until you can't take it any longer and have to tear into that baby. No one will judge. Least of all me.