This is one of my favorite weeknight meals. Grilled chicken, tomato sauce bursting with fresh vegetables, and parmesan cheese. It doesn’t really get much better.
Oh! And it’s good for you, too. I like that about it as well. Serve it up with a green salad and you’ve got yourself a pretty nice dinner if you ask me.
This is actually a little bit of a recipe re-do except the first time I handed out the recipe it was just for the sauce. In the last post I talked about how this was my favorite way to eat it, but I didn’t show you! Plus my photography has gotten a wee bit better since then.
Okay… a lot better. I’ve had a lot of practice since then.
This sauce is also good piled on top of some spaghetti (or spaghetti squash if we are still trying to be extra good).
So, recently I made a list of 100 recipes that I have always wanted to try. A culinary bucket list, if you will. Yesterday I tried my hand at one of the first things on my bucket list.
Let’s just say it didn’t go so hot.
I tried to make some blueberry bagels. The recipe seemed simple enough and I’m a fan of those delicious little breakfast circles.
I don’t really know what happened, but they’ll definitely be making the list as a kitchen fail for the year.
Oh well, hopefully next time will go better. I hate wasting beautiful blueberries!
Sometimes, crap just happens. Except for if you’re Famous Julie. She’s good at everything.
- 1 lb. chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, scrubbed and diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2-3 (15 oz.) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Parmesan Cheese
- Turn grill onto medium heat. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper and grill until no longer pink in the middle and the juices run clear.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat sauté zucchini, onion and garlic in olive oil. Add the remaining ingredients and stir together. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pile on top of grilled chicken breasts and top with parmesan cheese (the more the better, I say!)
In fact… She’s so good at everything, I should make her do some more stuff for me.