Because grilled pizza is my newest obsession. *Disclaimer: I have a lot of obsessions.
Tell me you’ve tried it.
Tell me you will try it after you see this recipe.
This grilled chicken bacon ranch pizza might be one of my new favorites. It’s SUPER simple and has loads of fresh ingredients over top.
I love fresh tomatoes and fresh basil on pizza and on this baby, those ingredients totally make it.
I wish I could tell you I grew them myself. Someday I will be able to tell you that.
We’ve got big dreams over here.
In my not so spare time I am a high school volleyball coach. We were at a tournament last weekend when our bus got boxed in by a bunch of cars.
We were stuck there for over TWO HOURS which probably would have made normal people crazy but I am not normal people. I am a pizza person.
We ordered pizza hut and hung out in the parking lot for a couple hours and it turned out to be not so bad of a night.
I’ve had much worse.
I’ve had nights where I don’t get pizza at all.
- Pizza dough
- Fresh mozzarella, sliced
- 6-8 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- Fresh basil, washed and picked
- 2 chicken breasts, seasoned with salt and pepper, grilled and diced
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh dill
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup chives
- 3/4 teaspoon fresh oregano
- 2 large cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- To make the ranch dressing, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until combined, but not too liquified. Some chunks of fresh herbs are desirable. Pour into a container and store in the fridge.
- Make your pizza dough, (or in my case I used already prepared pizza dough. YIKES... It was one of those days) and roll out to 1/2 inch thickness. You can do this step in advance and stack rolled out dough in the refrigerator with parchment paper in between for up to two hours prior.
- Prepare all of your other ingredients (once the cooking process starts, it goes really fast so you need to have everything ready to go).
- Heat up a grill to medium/high heat. Grease the grilling rack with olive oil.
- Transfer your pizza dough to a rimless cookie sheet or pizza paddle sprinkled with cornmeal. Slide your pizza dough onto the grill, close the lid and allow to cook for two minutes.
- After two minutes, use tongs to check the underside of your dough. If it is done to your liking, using your pizza paddle or cookie sheet, remove from the grill. If not, close the lid and continue to cook for another minute. If your grill is hot it should only take a few minutes. Close the lid of your grill after removing the pizza dough so it stays hot.
- Using a spatula or tongs flip your pizza dough over so that the grilled side is up. Brush a little olive oil over the top. Add your fresh mozzarella, bacon and chicken breasts. Return the pizza to the grill, close the lid and continue to cook for 2-3 more minutes until the bottom is nicely browned and the cheese is bubbly. Pull off the grates, add your sliced tomatoes, basil and drizzle with ranch dressing. Slice into pieces and serve immediately.
It’s going to be a good day.