Okay, I guess if we are going to get technical around here, the real name of this soup is technically, “Main Dish Chowder” but never before has this soup ever been called that in the history of the Steed family.
OH, fun fact about me, my maiden name is Steed.
So sorry for the confusion.
Anyway, this soup is the Steed family’s favorite soup, so in a stroke of pure genius and creativity it has been re-named “Favorite Soup”.
favorite counter: 3
- 5-6 cups potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 ½-2 cups carrots, thinly sliced
- ½ cups onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Kielbasa sausage, diced
- ½ cup butter
- 3 teaspoons salt
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 cups milk, divided
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Cook vegetables and salt until tender. Drain well, and return to pot.
- Brown sausage in a fry pan. Once browned, transfer to a plate topped with paper towels to allow the oil to drain off.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter and add salt, flour, pepper and Worcestershire sauce to form a smooth paste. Add 2 cups of milk and cook; stirring constantly until mixture thickens. Add this mixture to cooked vegetables and add 6 more cups of milk. Heat until mixture reaches simmering point. Add sausage.
Get this, I don’t even like cooked carrots and this is still my absolute favorite!
I don’t know what’s happening to me.
All I know, is that this is the best soup ever and it pairs VERY nicely with my favorite dinner rolls.
I bet you’re all shocked to find out that this is one of my favorite meals ever!
favorite counter: 9
Cozy up to this soup on a rainy night and it will quickly become your favorite as well.
favorite counter: 11