These rolls are seriously SOOO good. We like to make them with half wheat flour and half white flour and they turn out so light and fluffy with such good flavor. If you prefer a white roll, these also make exceptional white rolls, but you are going to want to trust me on the half wheat half white part. PLUS making them with wheat flour is way healthier anyway, AMIRIGHT?!
I also love that all of the work with these rolls is done with a bread maker.
We are all about being lazy.
… Or ease.
We’re all about ease over here.
We’ll go with that.
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 3 1/4 cups All purpose flour (OR you can do what I did and add 1 1/2 cups wheat flour and 1 3/4 cups All purpose flour instead)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons regular active dry yeast OR 3 teaspoons bread machine yeast or quick-acting active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread pan in the exact order listed. Set your machine to the Dough Cycle and press START.
- Heat oven to 375° F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Divide dough into 15 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. Place 2 inches apart on cookie sheet. Brush with butter. Cover; let rise for 30 to 40 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Once risen, bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush tops with butter if desired.