Well momma, for your birthday this year, here are brown cupcakes with white frosting. I wish I was there to give these to you!
You all already know my feelings on cream cheese frosting.
My love for it is a little embarrassing, but completely warranted.
I made these when we had a BBQ after Mr. T’s softball game last week. He played against a team that Noah Lowry (and a few other ex Giants players) put together. So for any of my friends out there who are Giants fans… Noah Lowry probably would’ve eaten one of my cupcakes if I had offered it to him, and he definitely would have loved it.
So… there’s a name drop for ya.
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 1 5.9 oz. box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 325° F. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the cake mix, chocolate pudding and chocolate chips. Stir until combined, then add in the eggs, oil and sour cream and mix until thoroughly combined. Continue to mix on medium/high speed while pouring your boiling water into the mixture, and continue mixing for about 2 minutes.
- Pour cake mix into the cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool on a cooling rack. Frost with your favorite frosting (which is cream cheese OBVIOUSLY).