You probably don’t know because I NEVER talk about it, but I’m a high school volleyball coach.
That was sarcasm.
I always talk about it.
I won’t shut up about it, actually.
I’m like a proud Mama hen because I coach the BEST girls in the history of the universe.
I seriously feel like I have 20 daughters, but it’s cool because I didn’t have to give birth to 19 of them.
Starting today we are heading into the State Tournament. It’s everything we’ve been working toward for the last couple of years, and I’m only a little stoked about it. (That was sarcasm, again).
I made these Devil themed cupcakes for the seniors for our last home match.
And now I’m posting them here because I had to show them off. Not to toot my horn but… TOOT (HA). They turned out pretty dang cute.
They would be DARLING to serve at a Halloween party next year, too.
But for me, this was THE occasion to post them because, C’MON! It’s STATE!
- 1 batch Double Chocolate Cupcakes
- 1 batch Cream Cheese Frosting
- Wilton Red (No Taste) Icing Color
- Wilton Violet Icing Color
- Red Sprinkles
- Black Edible Decorating Dough
- Prepare a batch of the double chocolate cupcakes and let cool before frosting.
- To your cream cheese frosting add red icing color 1/4 teaspoon at a time until you reach the desired color (I actually added a little violet icing color to darken the red, but don't add too much or else it will turn purple!) Pipe on top of cooled cupcakes and finish with red sprinkles.
- Knead the decorating dough until it is soft and workable. I was only making enough horns for 8 cupcakes (so, 16 horns) so I didn't even end up using half of the dough. A little goes a long way!
- Separate and roll into balls about 1/2 inch in diameter. Using the palm of your hand, roll the dough balls into a rope, putting more pressure on one end to get a tapered look. Bend in half and shape to form a pointy horn. Insert two horns into either side of the red frosting. Enjoy immediately.