I always end up craving this dessert around Christmas/New Years time for some reason.
I don’t know why the craving hits me so bad at this particular time of year, because it would be SOO good during the summer.
It’s so cool and refreshing and chock full of fresh fruit (eh hehm… and cookies) but FRUIT!
I’m calling that a win.
BONUS: This dessert is insanely easy to whip together.
The only hard part about it, is that it’s best if left to set for at least 10 hours so the flavors blend together. Good luck waiting ten hours to dig into this stuff.
- 2 (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding packages
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1 (16 oz.) Cool Whip
- 1 package fudge-striped shortbread cookies
- Strawberries and kiwis
- Chop fruit and set aside. Crush all the cookies except 4-6.
- Mix pudding and buttermilk until thickened. Add Cool Whip and mix well. Add fruit and mix. Add crushed cookies.
- Use fruit and leftover cookies to decorate top.
- Best if left for at least 10 hours in the fridge to set.