Or Olive Garden, because I don’t know the first thing about gangsters.
All I know is that they have like gold teeth and pants that are 7x too big that drag so low to the ground that the only thing keeping them up are their mom’s prayers.
Anyway, this salad is among one of the items that I really enjoy at Olive Garden. This salad, this soup and their breadsticks. YUUM.
All of which are relatively easy to make at home.
In the past few years I have become somewhat of a homebody, so if I have the opportunity to make something in the comfort of my own home, that’s what I’m going to do.
And that’s what I want you to be able to do.
So here ya go.
- 1 bag American Blend Salad
- 4-5 slices Red Onion
- 6-10 Black Olives, whole
- 4-6 pickled pepperoncini or banana peppers, whole
- ½ cup croutons
- 1 medium tomato sliced
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ⅓ cup white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons Romano cheese
- 1 clove garlic minced
- '½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- sugar (optional)
- Chill a glass salad bowl in the freezer for at least 30 minutes. While it's chilling, make the dressing first. Mix all ingredients in a blender until well mixed (approximately 30 seconds). If this is a little to tart for your own personal tastes please add a little extra sugar. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Place the bag of salad in bowl. On top of the lettuce layer red onion, black olives, pepperoncinis, tomatoes, and croutons. Add some freshly grated Parmesan cheese if you like. Add plenty of salad dressing on top.