Wedge salads are my new favorite way to consume vegetables.
But do you really need a favorite way to consume bacon?
I think just the action of eating bacon in and of itself is everyone’s favorite way to eat bacon.
Have you ever met a human on this planet that doesn’t LIKE bacon?
I’m not talking about vegetarians or people who don’t eat pork for religious reasons, I’m talking about someone who by their own will and choice decides that bacon just doesn’t taste good to them.
Because, you see… I can get along with basically anybody.
But a bacon hater? I don’t know that we could be friends.
I mean we could be cordial and wave to each other at parties and stuff.
But we’d never hang out.
Because I’d have to eat all the bacon by myself.
On second thought??
That’s cool with me.
Alright bacon haters.
Party at my place.
It’s a bacon party.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, cored
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 roma tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk
- 3 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 4 oz. blue cheese
- 3 chives, diced - reserve a little for garnish
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and stir. Put in the refrigerator to cool for 30 minutes or more.
- Remove any wilted leaves from the outer edge of the romaine lettuce. Cut in half and then cut each half in half again. Plate each wedge and drizzle with blue cheese dressing. Finish by topping it with some crumbled bacon, sprinkle with some chopped chives, a few more blue cheese chunks (if you're into that sort of thing), and some tomato wedges.
I can make sure you have, like… kale?
What do you like when you don’t like bacon?