I have a lot of favorite desserts.
Looks like I need to put them into categories.
So these are my favorite dessert bars with oatmeal and chocolate and caramel.
- 2 ¼ cups flour, divided
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups butter, chilled
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 - 12 oz. jar caramel topping
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl combine 2 cups flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Set half of the crumb mixture into the fridge (about 3 cups) and press the other half into a greased 9 X 13 pan. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle chocolate chips on top of hot crust. (I like to spread chocolate evenly once chips are melted, but they can be left whole). Next sprinkle chopped nuts over chocolate layer.
- Whisk remaining ¼ cup flour with caramel topping. Drizzle caramel mixture over nuts and chocolate. Grab the crumb mixture from the fridge and sprinkle over the top. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for two hours before cutting.
Because that’s awkward and embarrassing for everybody.
BUT if you do, just share them and everyone will understand your tears of joy.
And you can all just laugh and laugh,
and never speak of that moment again.