How do you feel?
No… how would you feel if you were eating it right now?
How would you feel if Ryan Gosling was spoon-feeding this to you?
I’m guessing that this would probably become your new favorite food.
It might become your new favorite food even if it’s your right hand spoon-feeding this to you… (wait… do you spoon-feed yourself?) I’m so confused now.
BECAUSE IT’S DELICIOUS.
That’s the point I was trying to get across, right there. So we’re just going to try and drive that home with the remainder of this post.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words, though.
- 1 batch pie dough
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare pie dough and separate into two balls. Roll each out to about 1/8 inch thickness. Place one in the bottom of a deep pie dish.
- In a saucepan combine cubed chicken, carrots, green peas and celery and cover with water. Boil for 15 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In another saucepan over medium heat melt butter and cook onions until soft and translucent. Stir in flour, salt, pepper and celery seed. Slowly whisk in chicken broth and milk until smooth. Simmer over medium-low heat until thickened, stirring constantly. Once it has reached desired thickness remove from heat and set aside.
- Strain chicken mixture until most of the liquid is gone. Place this mixture in the bottom pie crust. Pour butter mixture over the top of the chicken mixture. Cover with top crust, seal edges and cut away excess dough. Make several slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool for 10 minutes before serving. If you feel like your crust is getting too browned and you still need to bake it for longer, you can line it with aluminum foil.