Alright, alright. I know what you’re thinking…
YAY! MORE CUPCAKES!
Nobody would ever be like, “Lame! Two cupcake recipes in a row!” because that sentence has never been uttered ever before in the history of humankind.
Especially when they are these cupcakes.
Chocolate. Caramel. Toffee. More Caramel. I love the crunch that the toffee gives, and that caramel frosting? Oh boy. It is SO smooth.
So, have you guys ever tried online grocery shopping? I really need to jump on this bandwagon.
I’ve done it like, three times in my life, and it was super magical, but I guess I just don’t have my crap together enough to do it all the time.
I find myself in the grocery store like several times every week, much to the dismay of my budget.
Luckily, I have perfect angel babies (HA!) that can handle it.
Well, Girlfriend is perfect. But, Baby Girl thinks the whole store is like one giant all-you-can-eat buffet.
You see, Baby Girl thinks she’s all that now that she’s all potty trained and stuff, so basically she thinks she doesn’t have to sit in my cart anymore. So, basically she just roams around the produce section picking off any low hanging fruits.
The other day I was filling one of those little plastic grocery bags with an obscene amount of jalapeños. Anyway, all of a sudden I hear a very distinct CRUNCH.
I whip around only to find Baby Girl holding an entire head of broccoli and biting sections off of it like she’s a medieval King holding a giant turkey leg.
Needless to say, I did the responsible thing and hid it in the bottom of all the other broccoli heads and ran.
Just kidding! We bought it and she continued to munch on it while we finished our shopping trip.
I figured she had gotten plenty of vegetables for the day, so we came home and binged on cupcakes.
- 1 box devils food cake mix
- 1 5.9 oz. box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 8 oz container sour cream
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 cup salted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup caramel sauce (your favorite homemade or store bought)
- 3-4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt, or to taste
- Caramel Sauce (store bought or your favorite homemade)
- Toffee Bits
- Preheat oven to 325° F. In the bowl of an electric mixer combine the cake mix, chocolate pudding and chocolate chips. Stir until combined, then add in the eggs, oil and sour cream and mix until thoroughly combined. Continue to mix on medium/high speed while pouring your boiling water into the mixture, and continue mixing for about 2 minutes.
- Pour cake mix into the cupcake liners about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow the cupcakes to cool on a cooling rack.
- To the bowl of an electric mixer, add softened butter and caramel. Mix together until smooth, about 1 minute. Stop, scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the powdered sugar on cup at a time, mixing in between each addition. You might not need to use all of the powdered sugar. Once you like the consistency, add salt and mix until smooth and combined.
- Pipe onto cooled cupcakes. Drizzle with caramel sauce (salted or unsalted) and sprinkle with toffee bits. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
SARCASM. I’m not THAT awesome of a mother.