I love eating caramel apples.
I’m being sarcastic.
I hate eating caramel apples.
Now, don’t get me wrong. I love the TASTE of caramel apples. But the actual EATING of caramel apples is horrendous.
I never know where to take the first bite, the caramel gets so stuck in my teeth I’m pretty sure a filling came out the last time I ate one and the toppings usually end up everywhere BUT in my mouth.
But here we are. Loving caramel apples yet hating eating them. And that’s where these caramel apple slices come into play.
I found an example of these on Pinterest (where else?) except for the whole slice was covered in chocolate. But, I hate reading instructions and I hate dipping things in chocolate so I opted for drizzling chocolate and then caramel and then white chocolate.
Now I know why the apples were dipped in chocolate and I know why I should have read the instructions. Turns out anywhere the caramel was touching the cut apple, the apple would start to weep and the caramel would start to slide off of it.
So, read MY instructions when I tell you: You don’t have to dip these apples in chocolate, but you do have to make sure the caramel is on top of the chocolate! Unless you plan on eating these within the first couple hours of making them. Then it doesn’t matter so much, but if it’s going to be any longer than that, keep the caramel away from the apple.
So basically if you are a master chocolatier and love dunking all of the things then I would definitely do that, and also show me to how to keep my chocolate from seizing EVERY TIME I try to coat things in it.
Seriously, I do my best at keeping any moisture from my chocolate and it still ends up seizing. I could be in the freaking Sahara Desert trying to dip a 5,000 year old mummy in chocolate and it would still seize.
Also, that sounds disgusting. But if you’re in the Sahara Desert, I guess you’d do anything to survive.
I can say with 1000% assurance that these apples are way better than a chocolate covered mummy, though. In fact, I guarantee it.
You can take that guarantee to the bank.
- 2 Green Apples, sliced thick
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup caramels, unwrapped and melted
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- popsicle or lollipop sticks
- Wash and slice your green apples thick enough for the popsicle or lollipop stick to be inserted. Mix lemon juice and water in a small bowl. Dip cut apple slices in lemon and water mixture to prevent browning. Drizzle (OR DIP, YOU CHOCOLATE GENIUS, YOU.) slices with melted chocolate, caramel and white chocolate.
- Eat immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to use.
Is Fall the best or is Fall the best? Fall’s the best.