At least that’s what your family will be saying after trying this salad.
I actually don’t know that anyone has ever really used that sentence in a real life situation but I thought I’d see how it sounded.
And it sounds a little ridiculous.
Broccoli is really good, don’t get me wrong…
But it’s definitely not cake.
So that’s why in this recipe we trash it up with some other really good stuff and call it a salad… Because it does have broccoli in it after all.
I love when we call secretly unhealthy things salads, because it makes me feel better when I go back for seconds.
Mr. T will be like, “Going back for seconds?” and I’m all, “Oh yeah, I just wanted a little bit more salad.”
And then I automatically become super skinny and the angels start singing.
I’m pretty sure that’s how dieting works.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli, cut in small florets
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 6 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Mix mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, and salt together in a small bowl. Chill at least one hour before tossing with salad. Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss well. Serve the same day.
- In a large bowl combine broccoli, onion, and cheese and refrigerate. Just before serving, stir in bacon, sunflower seeds and dried cranberries.
Somebody correct me if I’m wrong…