Yesterday my sweet baby turned three months old.
Yesterday my baby turned three months old.
THREE MONTHS! Where is the time going?
Before I know it she’ll be way too cool for me, and then driving, and then coming home with some dude to tell me she’s getting married Father of the Bride style.
I’m positive that’s how my parent’s felt when I brought Mr. T home to meet them.
Then they got all weirded out and Famous Julie started asking really bizarre questions and my dad wouldn’t even give Mr. T the satisfaction of looking at him, and we all just kind of sat there awkwardly for a while.
It didn’t take long for my parents to love Mr. T. and we joke about that first meeting all the time now.
My poor parents. I should have made them these muffins to soften the blow.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon milk
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 cube butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 11 oz. blackberries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- In a large bowl, whisk first three ingredients together.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the rest of the ingredients except the berries. Add wet mixture to dry and mix just until moistened. Add berries. Do not over mix!
- Bake on center rack of oven for 17-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 2-3 minutes before removing from muffin tin.
Hindsight is 20/20, right?