Jam is my jam.
Bread and jam together are like… really good.
You guys. Things have been SOOO cuh-ray-zee lately. SO crazy.
Who knew having a mobile baby, moving into a new house and starting a new awesome job could be so time consuming?
Everybody knew that.
So, let’s just stuff our faces with bread together for a quick second, because that could make the world stop spinning for just one tiny moment.
- 7 cups whole wheat flour
- ⅔ cup gluten
- 2 ½ Tablespoons yeast
- 5 cups hot water (120-130 degrees)2 Tablespoons salt
- ⅔ cup oil
- ⅔ cup honey
- 2 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- 5 cups whole wheat flour
- Mix first 3 ingredients in mixer with dough hook attached. Add all the water at once and mix for 1 minute. Cover and rest for 10 minutes (sponging). After the 10 minutes, add salt, oil, honey and lemon juice and beat. Add flour 1 cup at a time until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl about 6-10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400° F and spray counter-top and loaf pans with non-stick cooking spray. Turn dough out onto counter top and shape into 4 equal sized loaves. Dough will be sticky in the pans. Let raise in pans about 30 minutes or until double in size.
- Lower the oven temperature and bake at 350° F for 22-32 minutes. The interior temperature of loaves should be 180 degrees. This recipe makes four 2 lb. loaves, so go ahead and make the entire batch because this bread freezes like a dream!
Let’s take a second and acknowledge how good I am at slicing bread.
The struggle is real.