Need some ideas for what you are going to serve at your Super Bowl Party on Sunday?
These meatballs are pretty versatile. They can be served as an appetizer, as a main dish or even in a sandwich! They are super easy and delicious.
Also, I decided that meatballs are just tiny round meatloaves. Meatball just sounds so much better than meatloaf, though.
Who the heck came up with that name? If someone I knew invented meatloaf and they were like, “Taylor, come try this thing I just came up with. I call it meatloaf. It’s literally a loaf of meat.” I’d be like, “…… Okay.” Because let’s be serious, I wouldn’t turn down food.
Cool story, bro.
This BBQ sauce is SOO easy and has only five ingredients. It’s one of my favorite things to make. It candies really nicely when barbecued or put under the broiler. It’s smokey and sweet and comes together so quickly it’s going to become one of your favorites, too.
These meatballs are different from your average meatball because they have two different kinds of meat in them: beef and pork. So if you have found that in the past, you weren’t a huge fan of meatballs, don’t write them off just yet. Try this for some variety.
I can’t say I really care who wins the Super Bowl this year. Neither of them are my team, but I guess if I had to choose… gun to my head… I would choose Denver.
I don’t know who this person is that cares so much about my opinion on Super Bowl teams that they are willing to put a gun to my head, but whatev.
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. pork sausage
- 2 slices white bread, blended into crumbs
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon Lawry’s garlic salt
- 1 large egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Mix all ingredients together until the sugar dissolves.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Add all ingredients, except for the milk, to a large bowl and mix lightly with a fork, or your hands. If too dry, add milk until you reach a pliable consistency. Shape into balls about 2 1/2 inches in diameter and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes, turning and coating in sauce halfway through. Reserve about 1/2 cup of the sauce in case people want to dip their meatballs in it, later.
- When the meatballs are done baking, turn on the broiler for 3-4 minutes and candy the sauce on the top of the meatballs.
- If serving as an appetizer, stick toothpicks into the top and serve on a platter.
- * Liquid Smoke can be found near the BBQ Sauces in most grocery stores.
I’m pretty much just team meatball this year.
Here are some other great recipes that would be so awesome to have at your Super Bowl Party:
A taco bar would be SOOOO awesome. Your guests will go crazy! You could include stuff to make:
Super Bowl wouldn’t be Super Bowl without some awesome wings:
How about some burgers or sandwiches?
Don’t forget some awesome drinks!