Here we are… once again. I “accidentally” let my bananas ripen a little too much.
I know, I know. We’re all real bummed about it because now we get another delicious treat.
Oh, the horror.
No, but for real, these muffins are pretty awesome.
I would much rather eat a handful of these than a handful of bananas.
I’m actually not a huge banana fan unless they are mixed into something else.
Like a smoothie, or a muffin, or a cake.
Obviously the former is the healthiest option but, the latter is just so good for the soul.
You better believe there is cinnamon sugar sprinkled on top of these.
Geeze… it’s like you don’t even know me at all anymore.
These are awesome served for breakfast, or for an after school snack.
So, tell me… do you feel like super mom when your kids walk through the door after their day at school and they smell something delicious baking?
I kind of can’t wait for that.
Assuming that it happens.
I’d like to think it would happen at least once or twice, but dude. I’m not Martha Stewart.
Woah. I just kind of got my mind blown. After I wrote that sentence above I thought to myself, “Does Martha Stewart even have kids?” Turns out she does!
She has one daughter who wrote a book about how Martha Stewart is basically just smoke and mirrors… WHAT?!
I… can’t… even…
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinmamon
- 1 1/2 cups bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl combine dry ingredients (flour, oats, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon). In a separate large bowl combine the mashed bananas, eggs, melted butter and vanilla. Mix the flour mixture into the banana mixture until all the dry ingredients are moistened.
- Spoon the batter into greased muffin cups until they are about 2/3 full. Bake for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove and let cool in pan for about 10 minutes. Remove from pan and serve warm slathered with butter.