If you only take one recipe from this blog, I highly suggest this one.
It’s insanely delicious, insanely cheesy, and I just want it in my tummy right now.
This entire pan came from only THREE chicken breasts! I always overestimate the amount of chicken breasts I need for this recipe because a single breast stretches so far!
Mr. T LLLLLOOOOOVVVVEEEESSSS this chicken. It’s easily in his top three favorite things that I make.
For those who personally know Mr. T, you know he is a man of few words. Very few words. So the first time I made this for him I had no idea that he liked it so much until I overheard him bragging to his friends about how his new wife cooked him the best chicken ever.
I’m pretty fond of that guy.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 4 oz. pieces
- ¼ cup flour
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Flatten each chicken breast piece to ¼” thickness. Place flour and salt and pepper (to taste) in a bag; add chicken a few pieces at a time. Shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in 2 tablespoons butter on both sides. (You are just browning the outside, not cooking through here, it will be baked soon. Don't worry!) Transfer to a large cookie sheet with sides. In the same skillet, sauté mushrooms in the remaining tablespoon of butter until tender. Add the broth. Bring to a boil. Cook for 5 minutes or until liquid is reduced. Spoon over chicken.
- Bake, uncovered at 375° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheeses and green onions. Bake 5 minutes longer or until the chicken juices run clear and cheeses melt.
So so so so so so so so so good!